Monday, June 14, 2010

Easy Breezy Breadsticks

This is a recipe I got from my friend Becca.  I have made them so many times when I'm short on time and want breadsticks with dinner.  They are so quick and easy and best of all...no rising time!  I have recently started making them with half whole wheat flour and they are so good!  One thing Becca suggested was to put the rolled out dough into a jelly roll pan and then cut them in there.  I just use a pizza cutter to cut them.  That helped a lot because this is a very soft and sticky dough!  I use a pastry brush to brush melted butter on top and then sprinkle with garlic salt or any other spices you'd like.

Easy Breezy Breadsticks

1 Tbsp. yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 cups flour

Dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water. Mix the rest of the ingredients. Roll the dough out into rectangle and cut 1 in. wide and however long you want your breadsticks to be. (I just put my rolled out dough into a jelly roll pan and cut them in there.) Butter the top, add garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, basil, cinnamon and sugar, etc. Bake at 375* for 20 min. (they rise quite a bit in the oven).

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin