Thursday, January 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Treats

Yes, I like Rice Krispie Treats.  They're quick and easy and pretty darn tasty.  This is a variation on the regular recipe that's yummy for a change.  If you like more topping you might want to double the chocolate amounts.  I just like a skim.


Peanut Butter Butterscotch Treats

6 c. Rice Krispie cereal
40 lg. marshmallows (4 c. miniatures)
1/3 c. butter
1/2 c. peanut butter

Topping:
1 cup (6 oz.) chocolate chips-I use semi-sweet
1 cup (6 oz.) butterscotch chips

Measure dry cereal into a large bowl and set aside.  Melt butter in saucepan over med-low heat.  Stir in marshmallows and stir until melted.  When smooth, stir in peanut butter until melted.  Pour mixture over dry cereal and mix well.  Pat into greased 9x13 pan.  In a small pan, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips on low until smooth.  (Or microwave stirring every 30 seconds.)  Spread over treats.  Let sit until chocolate is firm.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin