Monday, July 13, 2009

Crab Pasta Salad

I made this recipe up for one of our 4th of July festivities. It was really good! I think I'd like to throw a diced cucumber in there next time. I don't like my salads very "saucy" but if you do you may want to increase the mayo and ranch amounts to 1/2 cup each (or more).

Crab Pasta Salad

1 package small-size pasta, cook as directed
8-12 oz. imitation crab meat, flaked
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1/3 cup low fat mayo
1/3 cup low fat ranch
1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
salt and pepper to taste
baby spinach or salad greens
cherry tomatoes, halved

Cook pasta as directed. Rinse with cold water and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine mayo and ranch dressing until well mixed. Add thawed peas, onion, and salt and pepper. Mix gently with pasta. Add flaked crab meat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve on a bed of spinach or salad with cherry tomatoes on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin