
Black Bean Fajitas
2 green bell peppers, cut into strips (can also use red or any other color peppers)
1 onion, cut into strips
1 portabella mushroom, cut into strips (you could also use regular mushrooms)
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 fajita seasoning packet + 1/4 cup water
2 cups cooked brown rice (or 1 cup uncooked brown rice cooked on low in a covered pot for 45 min. in 2 cups of water)
guacamole
salsa, sour cream, and cheese if desired
Cook brown rice as directed if you don't already have leftover rice on hand. In a large skillet heat 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil and saute vegetables until tender crisp. (In the summer you can cook the vegetables out on the grill!) Add black beans. Combine fajita seasoning mix with 1/4 cup of water. Add to cooked vegetables. Stir and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
To assemble: I usually spread the guacamole on the tortilla first, then brown rice, and finally vegetable mixture. Top with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or cheese if desired.

2 comments:
I made these tonight and they were a hit! Thanks for sharing. I love all your meatless recipes.
Brooke! I loved this recipe. Amz made it for us one of the first times we went out to visit them in CA. I had forgotten about it! But, I made it tonight and it was WONDERFUL! Thanks for your great blog! I love it!
Post a Comment