Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes with Honey-Pecan Butter

These are some of our favorite "special occasion" pancakes. They are so delicious and perfect for Fall! Very moist-almost like a muffin! The last time I made them I decided to use the waffle iron. I actually think they were easier to cook this way. Just make sure you spray the waffle iron with some nonstick cooking spray.


Pumpkin Pie Pancakes with Honey-Pecan Butter

Mix:
2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. EACH of nutmeg and allspice
3/4 cup sugar
1/8-1/4 tsp. salt

Mix:
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine the dry and wet ingredients. It will be a thick batter. Pour 1/4 cup scoops of batter on hot griddle; cook until bubbles form. Flip and cook other side. (Or cook on a waffle griddle that has been sprayed with cooking spray.) Serve hot. These are very moist!

Honey-Pecan Butter:

1/2 cup pecans (I use walnuts instead sometimes.)
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1/4 cup honey (I usually use maple syrup instead)

Spread pecans on a baking sheet and toast in 350 degree oven for 8 minutes or until browned. Stir occasionally. Finely chop toasted nuts. Beat butter and honey together until smooth. Add nuts. Serve with Pumpkin Pie Pancakes. Makes one cup. A little goes a long way!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I'll have to try these!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin