Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cinnabun Cake

I found this recipe recently on the Sisters Cafe blog and have made it a couple of times. It is sooooo delicious. It takes just like a real, frosted, gooey, buttery cinnamon roll. I made it for our family and for a birthday brunch for a friend's birthday. Everyone who has tasted it loves it! It's one of our new favorites!
Cinnabun Cake

Ingredients:

3 cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 T. butter, melted

2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 T. flour
1 T. cinnamon
2/3 cups nuts, optional

2 cups powdered sugar
5 T. milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

In an electric or stand mixer mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nuts until well combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
Place powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my mouth is watering!!!

mom said...

Oh Heather, this is the cake you were talking about! It looks just scrumptuous. Thanks for sharing it! Talk about wow! I want to try this!

Brooke said...

Oh I saw this on their site, too, and was wondering about it. Guess I'll have to try it now! :o)

Connie Mitchell said...

Now this looks like something "out of this world good!!!" I can't wait to make it.
Aunt Connie

Brooke said...

Wow! Mom and I made this when she was here visiting. It did not disappoint! Yum!

Troop 442 said...

Brooke, Hi! It's Cami, Amy's sister in law. How are you? Amz made this for us a while ago and she pointed me out to your blog and I'm making it tonight for our family dinner. This blog is great! I'm going to bookmark it so I can try out your stuff. It all looks so great and I love how you have so many pictures of everything! Great job!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin