Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oatmeal Cookies

This is my family's favorite oatmeal cookie. I got the recipe on the back of the Nestle butterscotch chips bag, and I've been using it forever. I use it for oatmeal scotchies, or I add mini chocolate chips, or I just make them plain as well. These that I just made I used mini chocolate chips, and as you can see I couldn't even keep them on the plate long enough for a picture. I also sometimes drop them on a cookie sheet and freeze them raw, then wrap them individually in saran wrap and save them for later.



1 ¼ c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
¾ c. granulated sugar
¾ c. packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. quick or old fashioned oats
1 2/3 c. (11 0z. package) butterscotch chips/chocolate chips/or whatever :-)

Preheat oven to 375
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and chips. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies, 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies.

Pan cookie variation… grease 15x10 inch jelly roll pan. Prepare as above. Spread dough into prepared pan. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin