This is really good. I love the vinaigrette with it. I was all ready to make this and went to get my green pepper and it had gone bad. Bummer. So I substituted a large zucchini and it was great! I'm sure a green pepper in there would be great, too, but now that I've had it with zucchini I think it will always have to be in there. I also added a small avocado to the vinaigrette which made it very creamy. You could omit this or chop it up and mix it with the salad instead or leave it out entirely. I served this salad in my baked taco salad bowls and dinner was a big hit! You could also serve it in soft tortillas, as a filling for pita bread, or as a salad with crushed tortilla chips on top.
Black Bean Taco Salad With Lime Vinaigrette
Vinaigrette
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 small avocado, optional
Salad
1 cup chopped tomato
1 large zucchini, chopped (or 1 cup chopped green pepper)
1/2 cup finely diced red onion
1 cup frozen corn, partially cooked, rinsed with cold water and drained
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
lettuce greens, torn into bite-sized pieces or shredded
crushed tortilla chips, optional
-To prepare vinaigrette: combine first 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor, process until smooth. Add avocado if desired.
-To prepare salad: combine all chopped veggies except lettuce. Pour vinaigrette over top and toss well to coat.


No comments:
Post a Comment