Monday, November 30, 2009

Corn Pudding

I decided to try a new corn recipe.  Adapted from this recipe.  It's got a lot of "rich" ingredients so I'd probably only make it for special occasions but it was very good!  Optionally you could blend all 4 cups of corn instead of leaving one cup whole for texture.  I guess it depends on what texture you like your corn pudding.


Corn Pudding

4 cups frozen corn kernels (about 19 ounces), thawed--set aside 1 cup
4 large eggs
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup whole milk
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
2 Tbsp. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Blend all ingredients but 1 one cup of corn in processor or blender until almost smooth. Pour batter into prepared dish. Stir in remaining 1 cup corn.  Bake pudding until brown and center is just set, about 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; serve.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin