Friday, May 30, 2008

Nerdy Popcorn

This is a very quick and easy treat and I like that it has just a light layer of the sweet coating. This particular batch shown in the picture was colored green for St. Patrick's Day but you could choose any other color or leave it clear!



Nerdy Popcorn

8 cups popped popcorn, sort out any old maids
1 box Nerds candy
1/3 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. light corn syrup

Combine popped popcorn and nerds in clean, brown paper grocery bag. Set aside. Combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup in small saucepan. Bring to boil and stir constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add food coloring if desired. Pour sugar mixture over popcorn in bag. Roll top of bag down and shake hard for 1 minute. Pour out onto wax paper or cookie sheets to cool. Store in airtight container. Kind of hard, kind of gooey. And the Nerds soften up a lot so they're not like jaw breakers!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this popcorn. I remember having it at your house for the first time when we came down for New Year's Eve a few years ago. I've made it as a special treat for our kids and whenever I see a large box of nerds I snatch it up to keep on hand when the craving hits. It's so different and so good!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin